Odoo Accounting and Finance module has a tight access control mechanism to keep the accounting information secure. Different type of users and their respective access rights within the system make this access control mechanism intact.
Basically, there are three types of users in Accounting module, who have a different type of access right to the system.
When we move from Billing to Adviser, the user will get more rights within the module
- The main thing a user with only ‘Billing’ access right can do is create and process
- Billing user can also create new customers and vendors, access product information, taxes, and fiscal positions.
This is all the menus available for a ‘Billing’ user.
Next level of the access right is ‘Accountant’. Along with the rights available for billing user, Accounts has a number of other powers.
- An accountant has access to the dashboard of accounting
- An accountant can record payments from customers and vendors.
- He can generate all the PDF reports
- An accountant can also configure financial reports.
- Advisor level user has more rights than any other users in Odoo accounting.
In addition to all the rights available to Accountant,
- An advisor can create products and services, they can create journal entries, Manage chart of accounts, manual payments and invoice reconciliation, and advisor can make manual tax adjustment.
- Advisor level user can create new journals and new payment terms in Odoo.
Strict separation of access rights among these three users maintain the seamless and secure functioning of Odoo accounting module.